SOUND SPACES 2019 – Call for music
Deadline: March 15th, 2019
Hertzbreakerz, in collaboration with Ars Nova Society, is seeking for music works to be included in the “SOUND SPACES” music festival which will be held in Malmö, Sweden in Spring 2019 (dates to be defined).
(Here is the link to last year’s festival: https://hertzbreakerz.wordpress.com/category/sound-spaces-2018/ ).
In 2018 the winners were Talia Amar and Nicola Giannini (section A); Paolo Pastorino and Valerie Vivancos (Section B).
The festival seeks to provide the city of Malmö with new and recent music, and involve different venues, with events ranging from pure acousmatic music to ensemble works.
In this frame, Hertzbreakerz is selecting pieces of music to be performed by members of Ars Nova.
The call is divided into two sections:
- Section A: ensemble (with or without electronics)
- Section B: acousmatic (diffused live on a small acousmonium)
- The call is open to composers of any nationality, with no restrictions whatsoever.
- Each composer may submit more then one composition for each section (A and B), provided that the relevant fees are paid. See next paragraph for the specifications. Fees are used to partially defray the costs of the performances.
- Submissions are due by 24:00 (CET) of the 15th of March, 2019, with the winners announced by the 1st of April, 2019.
- Any duration is accepted but we strongly recommend submissions around 8-12 minutes.
- By submitting, the author accepts to provide the performance materials at no further cost for the organization.
Section A (ensemble with or without electronics)
Regarding this section, combinations of at least two of the following options are accepted (maximum: six performers + electronics):
- Flute (also piccolo);
- Piano / Synth: Roland JUNO – 106 / Clavinet (2 performers, also 4 hands);
- Electronics (tape, amplification and/or live electronics. In the case of live electronics, the author should provide the software);
Selection Committee Section A:
- Luca Francesconi, composer
- Agata Tuchołka, flutist
- Madalena Rodrigues, violinist
- Natalie Eriksson, clarinetist
- Alessandro Perini, composer
- Jonatan Sersam, composer, pianist
- Francesco Del Nero, composer, pianist
Section B (Acousmatic)
The venue for this concert is the Red Room at Inter Arts Center in Malmö, Sweden www.iac.lu.se where we will set up a small acousmonium (between 24-30 speakers).
In case of selection you will need to send us an uncompressed version of the file. Please note that we will only play stereo files, diffusing them live on our acousmonium.
Selection Committee Section B:
- Tine Surel Lange, composer
- Alessandro Perini, composer
- Francesco Del Nero, composer
- Jonatan Sersam, composer
HOW TO SUBMIT:
An application fee must be made payable to this link: https://www.paypal.me/ARSNOVASOCIETY
- €10 for the first submitted ensemble piece (section A), and of €8 for each further submitted one
- €5 for each submitted acousmatic work (section B)
If you prefer to pay through regular wire transfer use this information, using your name and the word CALL as a reference:
- Ars Nova Society
- Kommendörsgatan 5A
- 211 50 Malmö
- IBAN: SE85
- 9500 0099 6034 0532 8497
- BIC/SWIFT: NDEASESS
- Bank Name: Nordea
Account Number (only for transfers from Swedish accounts):: PlusGiro 53 28 49-7
To complete your application, fill this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FnOSH2BP6cCB2wRjJnPKP3xMdyW7joKIg1vCCP4-CQI
You’ll be asked to insert your data and informations about the piece(s) you are submitting, including download or streaming links to the recording(s) and to the score(s) if relevant.
For any further question please write to hertzbreakerz at gmail com